Barrow youngsters officially open new post office service
Last updated at 12:08, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
YOUNGSTERS gave a new post office their stamp of approval by opening the service in a convenience store.
Children from South Walney Infants and Nursery School officially opened the new post office service at The Co-operative store in Plymouth Street, Walney. The school will receive a £200 donation from The Co-op for their help.
The service will be provided at a combined kiosk counter in the store, where the post office terminal will sit alongside the till. Customers will be able to access a wide range of post office services, including most mail transactions, home shopping returns, online banking cash deposits and withdrawals.
The post office service will be available during the store’s usual opening hours, 7am to 10pm, seven days a week.
Store manager Kevin Rigg said: “As a community retailer we are delighted to offer post office services in our convenience store to local residents, who will now be able to access a wide range of post office services during our normal opening hours, which is 59 hours a week more than previously offered.
“I’m looking forward to introducing the store’s existing customers, and new ones, to the new service. I’m confident they will be pleased with the flexibility and convenience of the new post office service.”
First published at 10:45, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|