Barrow women admit robbery
Published at 11:51, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
TWO Barrow women have admitted robbing £300 from a woman.
Donna Newby, 31, of Low White Close and 20-year-old Rebecca Smith of Mill Bank, Barrow, both pleaded guilty yesterday as they were due to stand trial for the offence which took place on July 23 last year.
Their case has been adjourned to July 11 for sentencing.
Newby was remanded in custody and Smith given conditional bail.
The judge, Recorder Kevin Grice, told them the offence they had admitted was a serious matter.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
- Four arrested after police search homes in Hexham and Prudhoe
- Prudhoe: Row over cost of spending a penny
- Building work set to start on Prudhoe school
- Four arrested after Prudhoe stabbing
- ‘Developer should be forced to pay’
- The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum (6 comments)
- Free swimming vouchers
- Swimming pool opening times
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Good people do still exist
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|