Barrow woman in court on child sex charges
Last updated at 16:00, Friday, 27 June 2014
A BARROW woman has appeared in court in connection with the commission of child sex offences.
Nikita Moore appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning and was remanded in custody after entering no plea to the charge.
It is alleged Moore, of Vincent Street, Barrow, committed four counts of conspiracy to commit serious sex offences against a child under 13 between May and June this year.
The court was told the charges against Moore, 22, are related to those brought against Kevin Barnett, 27, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, who was charged with commissioning child sex offences. Barnett’s wife Susan Barnett, 27, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, has also appeared in court charged with commissioning child sex offences.
The estranged couple, who have yet to enter a plea, appeared before Preston Crown Court on June 20 but the case was adjourned for two weeks for enquiries to continue.
The trio are now all in custody while the Crown Prosecution Service brings the case to Preston Crown Court. Moore was remanded in custody, and is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on July 11.
Sergeant Gareth Jesson, of Barrow police, urged the public to remain calm and said police are not looking to speak to anyone else in relation to the alleged offences.
First published at 15:58, Friday, 27 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|