Barrow woman in 80s victim of purse dipping
Last updated at 12:40, Sunday, 20 July 2014
TWO women in their 80s, including one from Barrow, have been the victims of purse dippings in South Cumbria.
An 82-year-old woman from Barrow had her purse stolen from her handbag while in Kendal on Friday and she had a bank card used.
Police said the woman was walking near to the bus station in Blackhall Road and also near Costa Coffee at about 12.30pm.
The purse was removed from an open handbag which was being carried over her shoulder.
The second incident also involved an 82-year-old woman. The woman, from the Isle of Man, had a purse taken while in The Lakeland Shop, on Lake Road, Bowness, at around 2pm on Friday.
Police said she was approached by a group of people, one male and three to four females. One female asked the lady about the shoe she was holding in the store and the victim then thinks that another female touched her bag.
She then realised her purse had been stolen and she managed to cancel her cards.
The people are described as being in their 20s and Eastern European.
Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to call PC Rob Kerr at Kendal Police Station on 101.
The public are reminded to keep their bags close to them and not to write pin number down.
First published at 12:20, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|