Barrow woman in 80s victim of purse dipping
Last updated at 12:40, Sunday, 20 July 2014
TWO women in their 80s, including one from Barrow, have been the victims of purse dippings in South Cumbria.
An 82-year-old woman from Barrow had her purse stolen from her handbag while in Kendal on Friday and she had a bank card used.
Police said the woman was walking near to the bus station in Blackhall Road and also near Costa Coffee at about 12.30pm.
The purse was removed from an open handbag which was being carried over her shoulder.
The second incident also involved an 82-year-old woman. The woman, from the Isle of Man, had a purse taken while in The Lakeland Shop, on Lake Road, Bowness, at around 2pm on Friday.
Police said she was approached by a group of people, one male and three to four females. One female asked the lady about the shoe she was holding in the store and the victim then thinks that another female touched her bag.
She then realised her purse had been stolen and she managed to cancel her cards.
The people are described as being in their 20s and Eastern European.
Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to call PC Rob Kerr at Kendal Police Station on 101.
The public are reminded to keep their bags close to them and not to write pin number down.
First published at 12:20, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted (2 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|