Barrow woman in 80s victim of purse dipping
Last updated at 12:40, Sunday, 20 July 2014
TWO women in their 80s, including one from Barrow, have been the victims of purse dippings in South Cumbria.
An 82-year-old woman from Barrow had her purse stolen from her handbag while in Kendal on Friday and she had a bank card used.
Police said the woman was walking near to the bus station in Blackhall Road and also near Costa Coffee at about 12.30pm.
The purse was removed from an open handbag which was being carried over her shoulder.
The second incident also involved an 82-year-old woman. The woman, from the Isle of Man, had a purse taken while in The Lakeland Shop, on Lake Road, Bowness, at around 2pm on Friday.
Police said she was approached by a group of people, one male and three to four females. One female asked the lady about the shoe she was holding in the store and the victim then thinks that another female touched her bag.
She then realised her purse had been stolen and she managed to cancel her cards.
The people are described as being in their 20s and Eastern European.
Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to call PC Rob Kerr at Kendal Police Station on 101.
The public are reminded to keep their bags close to them and not to write pin number down.
First published at 12:20, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together