Barrow woman in 80s victim of purse dipping
Last updated at 12:40, Sunday, 20 July 2014
TWO women in their 80s, including one from Barrow, have been the victims of purse dippings in South Cumbria.
An 82-year-old woman from Barrow had her purse stolen from her handbag while in Kendal on Friday and she had a bank card used.
Police said the woman was walking near to the bus station in Blackhall Road and also near Costa Coffee at about 12.30pm.
The purse was removed from an open handbag which was being carried over her shoulder.
The second incident also involved an 82-year-old woman. The woman, from the Isle of Man, had a purse taken while in The Lakeland Shop, on Lake Road, Bowness, at around 2pm on Friday.
Police said she was approached by a group of people, one male and three to four females. One female asked the lady about the shoe she was holding in the store and the victim then thinks that another female touched her bag.
She then realised her purse had been stolen and she managed to cancel her cards.
The people are described as being in their 20s and Eastern European.
Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to call PC Rob Kerr at Kendal Police Station on 101.
The public are reminded to keep their bags close to them and not to write pin number down.
First published at 12:20, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|