Barrow woman Danielle wins with bid of 44p
Last updated at 14:31, Monday, 07 October 2013
BARROW mum-of-two Danielle Coombe has bagged the top prize of a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 in the Evening Mail’s latest reverse auction.
Mrs Coombe, of Cedar Road, Barrow, said she had entered the competition on a whim after her best friend suggested the idea.
The 34-year-old, who works as a school mid-day supervisor, was shocked to find out her bid of 44p was the lowest unique bid and said she was over the moon with her new tablet.
Mrs Coombe said: “I’m not the only excited one, my kids who are 13 and 11 are really looking forward to using it as well.”
Another one of our lucky winners this week is retired school teacher, Shirley Collins, 58, of Goose Green, Dalton.
Mrs Collins won £100 worth of shopping vouchers this week and is thrilled with her winnings.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to bits, I have been very lucky so far this year. Hopefully it stays with me for the rest of the year.”
Two other Evening Mail readers shared £150 worth of fuel in another competition.
Andrew Blanchard, from Ulverston, and Mrs Susan Fergusson-Batte, of Verdun Avenue, Walney, will now be filling up their cars with £100 and £50 worth of fuel respectively courtesy of the Mail.
Meanwhile, the Memories competition was won this week by Doris Bird, of Chatsworth Street, Barrow; Irene Nicholson, of Roose Road, Barrow, and Mrs Beulah Phifer of Shakespeare Street, Barrow. The correct answer was an elephant.
A limited edition signed DVD and a pair of tickets to the Cedric Robinson Gala Tribute at the Coronation Hall, Ulverston, have been won by Harry Wilson of Union Street, Ulverston, and Sue Fryer of Dalton Lane, Barrow.
Winners of tickets to see Roller Trio at the Forum: Colin Wright, of Whitehead Close, Barrow; R Hodgson, of Highfield Road, Barrow, and Alan Kyte, of Witham Walk, Walney. Prizewinners can collect their tickets and DVD from the Coronation Hall box office on the evening of the gala tribute.
Winner of tickets to see Elkie Brooks at The Forum is Mrs J Williamson, of Welbeck Close, Barrow.
Winners of John Duffin’s signed calendars are Mrs L Moore, of Kent Street, Barrow; Mr G Atkinson, of Sun Street, Ulverston, and Mrs Linda McCormick, of Sandhall Cottages, Ulverston. Your prizes will be posted out to you.
First published at 14:23, Monday, 07 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|