Barrow woman breaches ASBO
Last updated at 13:55, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
A WOMAN breached her anti-social behaviour order 20 times in less than three years, a court heard.
Rose Marie Potter, 49, admitted a charge of failing to comply with an ASBO when she appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday. (2/4)
The court heard Potter was released from prison on Friday, (30) having served a jail sentence imposed last month for another breach.
Prosecutor Mr Lee Dacre said Potter’s aunt and uncle had taken her in because she was unable to return to the address where her husband lives in Newton Brow.
The court heard Potter had initially been sober when she went to stay at her relatives’ home on Saturday, but woke her family at 7.55am on Sunday after drinking a bottle of rum and some whisky.
Mr Dacre said: “She was asked to leave, but refused to leave on a number occasions and swore at the couple.”
Potter was arrested at the house in Barrow and was abusive to officers as she was led away. Mr Dacre told the court that since Potter was issued with the ASBO in July 2009, she had breached the order 20 times.
Defending, Mr Andrew Gallagher said his client had issues with alcohol.
He said: “She was released from prison on Friday. She didn’t go out immediately and drink at that point and at this time had no intention of doing so.
“Unfortunately she gets back to Barrow and she realises that she doesn’t know where she can go.”
Mr Gallagher said Potter had begun drinking at 5am on Sunday when she couldn’t sleep.
He added: “She can’t recall much of the incident but has pleaded guilty, accepting the prosecution’s view of the events.”
Potter, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to failing to comply with an anti-social behaviour order. She was given a 12-month community and supervision order to allow her to receive treatment for alcohol abuse.
First published at 13:08, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|