Barrow Town Hall tour will give insight into history
Published at 15:40, Monday, 09 June 2014
SEE a town from a different perspective during an event which explores and celebrates its extraordinary heritage.
Visitors to Barrow Town Hall on Tuesday will be given a unique opportunity to access areas otherwise closed to the public.
At 2.30pm, 3.30pm and 4.30pm climb the spiral staircase to the top of the clock tower for panoramic views of Barrow skyline or explore some of the objects and artifacts in the Mayor’s Parlour.
The Drawing Room and Banqueting Hall will be filled with stalls, exhibitions, workshops and films celebrating the heritage activities in the area.
The Love Barrow Heritage event has been organised by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
It will be held in Barrow Town Hall on Tuesday from 2pm to 6pm.
Development officer for the north west, Maya Sharma explained: “This is a really good chance for people to come into a building they’ve walked past and find out more about. It is a gem in the heart of the town.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|