Barrow tots don caps and gowns as they get set to graduate
Last updated at 12:15, Thursday, 24 July 2014
A MILESTONE moment was celebrated as youngsters prepare to move from nursery to mainstream school.
Children donned caps and gowns to mark their graduation from Roose Nursery, in Barrow.
Staff at the nursery have been helping the tots prepare for reception by involving them in school life and planning activities with the current reception class.
They also enjoyed a sports day with members of other nursery schools in the area.
“We held the graduation to celebrate the children’s achievements and the end of the school year,” said nursery manager Hazel Bell.
“The majority are going to Roose School and some are going to Low Furness.
“We do lots of outdoor play and have lots of fun.”
From September Roose Nursery will offer wrap around care, opening from 7am to 6pm every day, and a new build, due to start in the autumn, will increase capacity by 50 places.
“We’re meeting the demand of what the parents are wanting,” said Mrs Bell.
“We’ve been blown away by the response for the breakfast and after school clubs.”
First published at 11:50, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|