Barrow tots don caps and gowns as they get set to graduate
Last updated at 12:15, Thursday, 24 July 2014
A MILESTONE moment was celebrated as youngsters prepare to move from nursery to mainstream school.
Children donned caps and gowns to mark their graduation from Roose Nursery, in Barrow.
Staff at the nursery have been helping the tots prepare for reception by involving them in school life and planning activities with the current reception class.
They also enjoyed a sports day with members of other nursery schools in the area.
“We held the graduation to celebrate the children’s achievements and the end of the school year,” said nursery manager Hazel Bell.
“The majority are going to Roose School and some are going to Low Furness.
“We do lots of outdoor play and have lots of fun.”
From September Roose Nursery will offer wrap around care, opening from 7am to 6pm every day, and a new build, due to start in the autumn, will increase capacity by 50 places.
“We’re meeting the demand of what the parents are wanting,” said Mrs Bell.
“We’ve been blown away by the response for the breakfast and after school clubs.”
First published at 11:50, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Runners pound Dalton streets in 10k event
- ‘Selfless’ widower from Ulverston honoured for £78k fundraising effort
- South Cumbria rabbiting gang laugh after being fined for crimes
- Travel chaos looming in south Cumbria as rail union votes on strike
- Barrow teen avoids jail for drunken headbutt
- Innovative Barrow education company in the running for Sir Richard Branson prize (3 comments)
- Police appeal for witnesses to Barrow town centre disorder
- Barrow parents welcome their own little princesses on the day of the royal birth (4 comments)
- South Cumbria weather forecast for Sunday and bank holiday Monday
- It's a girl - The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a girl
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- 'Barrow Raiders must beat away day blues'
- Six of the most important games in Barrow AFC's fight for the title
- Goal-hungry Barrow striker Andy Cook served up goals feast for fans
- Barrow Bluebirds captain Simon Grand dishes the dirt on his fellow players
- Barrow AFC sharpshooter Andy Cook picks out some extra special strikes
- It’s onwards and upwards says Barrow AFC's ambitious millionaire owner Paul Casson
- From Ormsgill in Barrow to Texas in America - Bluebirds owner's incredible journey
- New Barrow AFC shirt 'a good look' for next season says club's owner
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks
Visit our websites for...
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|