Barrow thieves take £500 in coins from pub game machines
Last updated at 11:01, Monday, 17 March 2014
POLICE are investigating a burglary at a Barrow pub which occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Thieves entered the Steelworks Hotel in Buccleuch Street and broke open two gaming machines in the bar area.
They made off with an estimated £500 in coins.
A police spokesman said: “Police are asking for local shopkeepers to remain vigilant and look out for anyone who may attempt to change large amounts of coinage.”
One person was arrested last night in connection with the incident but has since been released without charge after helping police with their inquiry.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:24, Sunday, 16 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- COOK double earns Barrow AFC share of the spoils
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|