Barrow thief stole toiletries before jail sentence
Last updated at 14:32, Friday, 08 August 2014
A BARROW criminal has admitted stealing toiletries in preparation for a prison stay.
Adam Royle, whose address was given as HMP Preston, pleaded guilty to shoplifting in Furness Magistrates’ Court.
The 38-year-old was sentenced to 12 months in prison for burglary in February this year – and Royle yesterday admitted stealing a can of Sure deodorant and a Colgate toothbrush from the Co-op in Island Road, Barrow, on February 13 – the day before he was jailed.
Ms Maureen Fawcett, defending, said: “He’s pleaded guilty to shoplifting the deodorant and toothbrush which he took to prison the following morning.”
The court was told he had paid for other goods but decided to steal the items.
He also admitted fraud after registering for a BT phoneline using his brother’s details.
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, told the court he had incurred £962.82 in costs and his brother found out after solicitors contacted him demanding payment for the phoneline.
Ms Fawcett said he had committed the offence as he was unable to get credit himself. After his circumstances changed he incurred the debt and was unable to make payments.
Royle was sentenced to four weeks in jail to run concurrently with his existing sentence. He is due to be released from prison in February. He also gave no indication of plea to two counts of possession with intent to supply cannabis on October 27 and February 13 along with a charge of producing 137.55g of cannabis on February 13.
He was accused alongside his wife, Wendy Ann Royle, of Undergreens Road, Barrow, who faces two identical charges of possession with intent to supply cannabis.
David Woof, 41, of Lincoln Street, Barrow, faces a single charge of possession with intent to supply cannabis.
The drugs are said to be worth more than £4,000 in total.
The trio will appear in Preston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on August 22.
First published at 14:31, Friday, 08 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- M6 lane reopens after multi-vehicle accident
- Girl airlifted to hospital after horse fall in Cumbria
- Lindale mum's hope after 'hellish nightmare' experience of Windermere sailor's death
- Haverigg cellmates on ‘Chicken Wing’ hatch cracking business plan
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria ‘Cinderella’ star wows Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Effort to unite woman with camera found in Windermere goes viral
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
Visit our websites for...
- Death of Carlisle character who fought his cancer (3 comments)
- Carlisle Utd directors in dark about identity of 'billionaire' investor
- Passionate pleas to stop closure of Cumbrian care homes
- Big legal bill for Cumbrian man after garden gate battle
- Jobs are set to go at one of Cumbria’s biggest law firms
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (137 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (35 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|