Barrow teenager grabbed police officer by the testicles
Last updated at 16:18, Wednesday, 12 March 2014
A BARROW teenager could be jailed after an assault on three police officers, which saw him grab one by the testicles.
Aaron Bell, of Meetings View, Barrow, pleaded guilty to three counts of assault and a further charge of criminal damage in Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Police had been on a patrol of Barrow town centre at around 1.25am on February 23.
Bell, 18, was seen banging on the door of a house in Fenton Street and police stopped and intervened. Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said when police arrived they heard a woman telling him to go away, PC Fiona Cubiss attempted to speak to her but Bell then made a dash for the door.
PC Matthew Simpson attempted to restrain him but was punched in the chest, prompting the officer to take Bell to the ground.
During the struggle he kicked PC Cubiss, grabbed PC Simpson’s testicles and after being handcuffed and after leg restraints were fitted spat at Sergeant Alan McNulty as he was put in the police van.
Mrs Hine said in Barrow police station Bell retrieved a lighter and set fire to the restraints.
Miss Karen Templeton, defending, told the court Bell was working hard to turn his life around.
Magistrates warned Bell he could be jailed when he appears in Furness Magistrates’ Court on March 25 for sentence.
First published at 14:46, Wednesday, 12 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|