Barrow teen motorist now charged with dangerous driving after pedestrian knocked over
Last updated at 11:33, Friday, 07 February 2014
Barrow teen motorist has now been charged with dangerous driving after she allegedly skipped a red light and hit a pedestrian.
Hannah Victoria O’Brien, 19, from Clovelly Terrace, Barrow, appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court today after allegedly driving a Vauxhall Corsa at inappropriate speed through a red light at the junction of Abbey Road and Dalkeith Street on November 20.
O’Brien is alleged to have hit the man on the pedestrian crossing, causing serious injuries.
The initial charge of driving without due care and attention has been changed to dangerous driving.
She has been given unconditional bail to appear before Preston Crown Court on April 25.
First published at 09:16, Thursday, 06 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Medal double for Ulverston sprinter Simpson
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Bill’s beach is brought to life
- Hundreds turn out to see the newest nightclub in Barrow (16 comments)
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|