Barrow sex offences case dropped
Last updated at 09:59, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
PROSECUTORS have dropped a Barrow historic sex offences court case.
Gary John Seward was charged with five counts of indecent assault on a boy under-14 and five charges against a boy under 16 in Barrow.
The offences were alleged to have taken place between 1986 and 1990 in the town.
Seward, 41, of Marwood Road, Nottingham, pleaded not guilty in Furness Magistrates’ Court last year and a trial was due to take place in December.
Prosecutors have confirmed the case is being discontinued after the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence.
First published at 09:57, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|