Barrow school is honoured by Bishop’s visit
Last updated at 11:42, Tuesday, 10 December 2013
A BISHOP has officially opened a school’s prayer room.
The Bishop of Lancaster, the Right Reverend Michael Campbell, cut the ribbon at St Pius X Catholic Primary School in Schneider Road, Barrow, on Monday.
Headteacher Amy Bates said the school was honoured to have the bishop as a guest.
She said: “The bishop came all the way from Lancaster for our little service. The children were very excited. It’s quite a big deal and they were honoured, as was I, to have him.
“He visited the class and spent some time with the children. We were honoured to have his presence because he would not normally visit schools.”
“We are hoping he will be coming to our open air mass next April.”
First published at 11:39, Tuesday, 10 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|