Barrow roofer ordered to attend rehab
Published at 13:25, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A ROOFER from Barrow has been ordered to attend rehab.
Jordan Graham, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, was sentenced today (Wed) for possession of cannabis and producing the drug in Preston Crown Court.
The 26-year-old was caught in possession of the Class B drug on August 17 and he admitted producing the drug from March 27 and May 5 last year.
Defence barrister Mr Richard Bennett said his client worked part time as a roofer.
Graham was given a 12 month community order, which will involve twelve months supervision and ordered to carry out three months drug rehabilitation.
He was told to pay £400 prosecution costs and a £60 statutory surcharge.
The judge, Recorder Andrew Long, told him: "I am glad you have been assessed as suitable.
"As you know, you have a poor record for offences involving drugs. These offences represent a serious lapse.
"However, you have a stable background and a good job.
“I am impressed by the steps you have taken to address your cannabis misuse so I am going to give you a chance.
“This is a good opportunity.
“I'm sure you will take it.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together