Barrow roofer ordered to attend rehab
Published at 13:25, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A ROOFER from Barrow has been ordered to attend rehab.
Jordan Graham, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, was sentenced today (Wed) for possession of cannabis and producing the drug in Preston Crown Court.
The 26-year-old was caught in possession of the Class B drug on August 17 and he admitted producing the drug from March 27 and May 5 last year.
Defence barrister Mr Richard Bennett said his client worked part time as a roofer.
Graham was given a 12 month community order, which will involve twelve months supervision and ordered to carry out three months drug rehabilitation.
He was told to pay £400 prosecution costs and a £60 statutory surcharge.
The judge, Recorder Andrew Long, told him: "I am glad you have been assessed as suitable.
"As you know, you have a poor record for offences involving drugs. These offences represent a serious lapse.
"However, you have a stable background and a good job.
“I am impressed by the steps you have taken to address your cannabis misuse so I am going to give you a chance.
“This is a good opportunity.
“I'm sure you will take it.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|