Barrow roofer ordered to attend rehab
Published at 13:25, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A ROOFER from Barrow has been ordered to attend rehab.
Jordan Graham, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, was sentenced today (Wed) for possession of cannabis and producing the drug in Preston Crown Court.
The 26-year-old was caught in possession of the Class B drug on August 17 and he admitted producing the drug from March 27 and May 5 last year.
Defence barrister Mr Richard Bennett said his client worked part time as a roofer.
Graham was given a 12 month community order, which will involve twelve months supervision and ordered to carry out three months drug rehabilitation.
He was told to pay £400 prosecution costs and a £60 statutory surcharge.
The judge, Recorder Andrew Long, told him: "I am glad you have been assessed as suitable.
"As you know, you have a poor record for offences involving drugs. These offences represent a serious lapse.
"However, you have a stable background and a good job.
“I am impressed by the steps you have taken to address your cannabis misuse so I am going to give you a chance.
“This is a good opportunity.
“I'm sure you will take it.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|