Barrow RNLI rescue yacht with damaged rudder
Last updated at 09:03, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Barrow RNLI volunteers rescued skipper and yacht in Morecambe Bay.
The team were called for assistance after the yacht was reported as having a damaged rudder in the Mort Bank area at Morecambe Bay by the skipper and sole occupant of the yacht ‘Tut Too’.
Liverpool Coastguard passed on the message to the team at about 1.30pm on Sunday April 6 after the damaged rudder began to cause steering difficulties.
The tide at the time was flooding with high water of 7.5 metres expected at 4-50pm with south-westerly winds at 18 to 20 knots.
The team rescued the yacht, which was four miles to the east of the lifeboat station, at about 1.50pm.
The yacht was moored at Roa Island and the skipper had been landed ashore by 4.30pm.
First published at 11:34, Monday, 07 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I believe this is the third time in less than a week that this yacht has been recovered by the emergency services. Surely that should tell her skipper something?
Make your comment
- Police investigate Millom assault
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college (1 comment)
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together