Barrow RNLI gala to take place next weekend
Last updated at 17:14, Saturday, 05 July 2014
AN RNLI gala will be held next Sunday in Barrow.
Festivities will get under way at Roa Island at 1pm and visitors will be able to see the crews in action with a mock rescue at 2pm.
There will be a variety of stalls, games and refreshments, including cakes, plants, books, a tombola and a raffle.
Children’s entertainment will include hook-a-duck, face painting, Punch and Judy shows, a bouncy castle and slide.
A vintage bus will provide a free park and ride service, departing from Clarke’s Hotel in Rampside Road throughout the afternoon.
Entry is 50p, free for children under 12.
First published at 17:10, Saturday, 05 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|