Barrow police appeal after nine-year-old attacked by a gang
Last updated at 09:25, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
A NINE-year-old boy was attacked by a gang of yobs who kicked him off his bike and knocked him to the ground in Barrow.
The youngster was riding along Risingside, Barrow, when he was approached by a group of male and female teenagers.
Detectives have launched an investigation and are appealing for witnesses to the incident which took place on April 7 between 6pm and 8.20pm.
The youngster was left with grazed knees and elbows.
His bike was also left damaged as a result of the assault.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 101, or to call Crimestoppers on 0800555111.
First published at 17:53, Monday, 14 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|