Barrow play area to host maternity meeting and offer 50 free child places
Last updated at 15:34, Thursday, 12 June 2014
A BARROW indoor play area will host the next meeting of a maternity group and offer free places for the first 50 children.
Little Subs in Rawlinson Street, Barrow, will hold the second meeting of Maternity Matters in Furness (MMIF), allowing parents who want to attend the meeting to bring their children.
MMF is a maternity services liaison committee for users, providers and commissioners of maternity services in Furness recently established by NHS Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group .
Following its launch earlier this year, MMF is holding a meeting on Wednesday June 18 at Little Subs from 11am to 12.30pm, with the first 50 child places being offered free of charge.
Local parents, their families and healthcare professionals are all invited to come along to find out more about the ambitions of MMF and how they can get involved.
Dr Geoff Jolliffe, GP lead for Furness, said: “Maternity services have been highlighted by the public as a critical local service they value highly. We are responding to that in several ways including this initiative.
“We are going to ensure that this makes a difference and healthcare professionals attending the meeting really want to talk to and hear from parents who have actually used maternity services in Furness and hear about what they think is good, what needs improving and what services should be offered in the future.”
Sascha Wells, deputy director of midwifery, said: “MMF is aiming to be a group of people including parents, members of the public and healthcare professionals that will work together in the planning and provision of maternity care in the Furness area. The group will able to advise on developments in local maternity services, monitor progress on new initiatives and raise awareness of what services are available to new parents.”
Meetings will be held approximately four to six times throughout the year at a venue that can provide supervised crèche facilities so mums and dads attending the meeting are able to bring their children.
To find out more information about Maternity Matters in Furness, call Sally Woods on 01229 404680 or email email@example.com.
First published at 15:33, Thursday, 12 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|