Barrow pensioner who raped young girl faces jail
Last updated at 13:44, Friday, 25 April 2014
A BARROW rapist who carried out a string of sex attacks on a young girl faces jail.
John Peter Hallam, 65, of Black Butts Lane, Walney, appeared for trial at Aylesbury Crown Court earlier this month.
He had previously pleaded not guilty to five counts of rape and three counts of indecent assault when he appeared at the same court last November. The pensioner appeared before a judge and jury between April 8 and 17 when the case was outlined.
The court was told the sex offences took place between 1983 and 1985, and related to a girl under the age of 16.
Hallam maintained his innocence, but was found guilty of all charges by the jury.
His case was adjourned until April 30 when he will be sentenced at either Aylesbury Crown Court or Amersham Crown Court.
Crown Prosecution Service guidelines for the sentencing of individuals who have committed repeated acts of rape on an individual say the sentencing range is 13 to 19 years in custody.
First published at 12:51, Friday, 25 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|