Barrow pensioner taken to hospital after street attack
Last updated at 14:07, Sunday, 16 February 2014
POLICE are hunting for two men after a pensioner was attacked in a Barrow street.
A 67-year-old woman was walking along Buccleuch Street, close to the Steelworks pub, in Barrow, at around 8.30pm on Saturday when two men approached her from behind and snatched her bag before running off.
The woman was left with minor injuries which were treated in Furness General Hospital.
The bag is described as grey and pink with a silver strap.
Both men are described as wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed anything suspicious, is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 13:36, Sunday, 16 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|