Barrow Parents given perfect gifts
Last updated at 16:41, Thursday, 27 December 2012
NEW arrivals made Christmas even more magical for two Furness families this year.
By Will Metcalfe
Furness General Hospital was the place for two little Christmas miracles for the Cooksey and Anderson families with a number of other mothers in labour later in the day.
Baby Cooksey arrived after a lengthy birth in the early hours of Christmas Day.
Proud mum Bernice Harrop smiled despite her exhaustion, while her new daughter rested peacefully after arriving weighing 8lb 6oz.
Partner Daniel Cooksey, of Low White Close, Barrow, said: “This is the best Christmas present ever.
“We’ve not managed to have our Christmas dinner but we’ll be having it once we get out of the ward.”
Mr Cooksey, who works as a bricklayer said the couple have yet to pick a name for their daughter.
He added: “We’ll be thinking about names over the next couple of days – we do have a few in mind but we don’t want to rush it.”
Miss Harrop went into labour on Sunday before finally giving birth in the early hours of Christmas Day.
She added: “She’s our first child, she has four cousins who are all boys so she’s the first girl.”
Annmarie Nicoll and partner Kris Anderson, of Meetings View, Barrow, were just about to put the Christmas turkey in the oven when Ms Nicoll started having contractions.
Their second child Sonny Elliott Anderson was born at 9.55am and has an 11-year-old sister Hope.
She said: “We got some presents done but we had to leave home rather quickly.
“Nothing could be a better gift than Sonny, he wasn’t expected until Friday.
Mr Anderson, an information systems engineer at BAE Systems, added: “We didn’t even get the turkey in the oven. It was defrosting. We will have it when we go home. It feels really good.”
First published at 16:08, Wednesday, 26 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|