Barrow "one man crime wave" jailed
Last updated at 09:28, Friday, 07 March 2014
A “ONE man crime wave” has been jailed for numerous offences in Barrow.
Jamie Hoare, 23, of Ferry Road, Barrow, was sentenced to four years in prison on Thursday March 6 2014.
His Honour Judge Paul Batty QC, sitting in Barrow Crown Court today, also described Hoare as “self-centred” and a “real menace” to society in Cumbria.
Hoare pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to four offences of burglary, driving while disqualified, driving while over the prescribed limit, no insurance and taking a vehicle without consent.
DC Wayne Dixon, the investigating officer said: “How Hoare was described in court today is an accurate reflection of the crime spree he carried out between January 21 and February 12 2014 within Barrow.
“He had no regard for any of his victims and the heartache that was being caused by his recklessness.
“The sentence today means that he will be off the streets of Barrow and will hopefully give some of the victims satisfaction in knowing justice has been served.”
First published at 15:04, Thursday, 06 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|