Barrow music event rakes in cash for cancer charity
Published at 16:42, Friday, 07 March 2014
YOUNGSTERS donated the money they raised playing carols on guitar and brass instruments over Christmas.
The group, from Chetwynde School, Barrow, raised £109 for Anthony Nolan, the UK’s blood cancer charity and bone marrow register.
The performance was organised by brass and guitar tutor Kathryn McCullough, who also chose the charity, and took place on December 11 last year.
Head of music Janet Johnson said: “Many of the pupil’s parents came and a load of other people came to watch as well.
“We only spent an hour there and managed to raise quite a lot of money for the charity.
“People were happy to give some money and the group had fun going around and collecting.”
The day was arranged by Mrs McCullough with help from Barrow Borough Council town centre manager, Ann Taylforth.
Mrs McCullough takes the pupils to perform in the town centre every year.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|