Barrow midwife to face disciplinary panel
Last updated at 07:27, Thursday, 16 January 2014
A MIDWIFE charged with failing to maintain patient records at a Barrow hospital will appear before a disciplinary panel this month.
Jennifer Emma Bowns, who was working for the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Trust, in 2011, will appear before the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s disciplinary hearing on January 27.
Bowns worked as a midwife at Furness General Hospital, in Barrow.
Bowns is charged with failing to maintain accurate records on July 27 2011, and failing to identify retrospective entries in a patient’s records.
Bowns is also charged with failing to undertake a risk assessment on September 27 2011, making inaccurate entries regarding fetal heart rate in patient records and failing to tell a doctor a patient had gone into labour.
First published at 12:05, Monday, 13 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (25 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|