Barrow man with axe jailed
Last updated at 09:29, Friday, 24 January 2014
AN irate Barrow driver has been jailed after threatening a man who clamped his car.
Jeffrey Richard Trengrove was found guilty of criminal damage and threatening Philip Munroe with violence.
Trengrove denied the October 30 offences but magistrates found him guilty on January 13 before sentencing him on Tuesday.
Trengrove, 57, of High Lea Walk, was jailed for 110 days due to the seriousness of the offence.
Furness Magistrates’ Courtheard Trengrove had been holding an axe as he made the threats. He was also ordered to forfeit an axe for destruction.
First published at 09:26, Friday, 24 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|