Barrow man sentenced for drug offences
Last updated at 16:01, Wednesday, 14 May 2014
A BARROW man was today sentenced to five years and seven months in prison for the supply of Class A drugs.
Andrew Finley, 48, of Highfield Road, appeared at Burnley Crown Court today.
The conviction is Finley’s fourth for the supply of Class A drugs and his arrest was whilst he was on prison license following a five year conviction in 2009.
Finley was arrested on Tuesday June 4 2013 following the recovery of tubs containing heroin and money outside an address on Highfield Road, Barrow.
Covert officers from the South Cumbria Drugs Squad conducted observations until Finley approached the area where the containers were recovered.
The officers swooped and arrested Finley on suspicion of the supply of Class A drugs and subsequently charged him.
The heroin that was recovered has a street value of over £3,000 and the tubs also contained over £1,300 in cash.
Detective Sergeant Scott Elgey said: “Finley is someone that is well known to us for being involved with the supply of Class A drugs and we are pleased with the sentence passed in court today.
“It sends out the message that anyone who thinks that getting involved in drugs or serious crime can pay should think again. We will target you and bring you to justice. Anyone with information on the supply of drugs is asked to contact Police on 101.”
First published at 15:59, Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|