Barrow man sentenced for drug offences
Last updated at 16:01, Wednesday, 14 May 2014
A BARROW man was today sentenced to five years and seven months in prison for the supply of Class A drugs.
Andrew Finley, 48, of Highfield Road, appeared at Burnley Crown Court today.
The conviction is Finley’s fourth for the supply of Class A drugs and his arrest was whilst he was on prison license following a five year conviction in 2009.
Finley was arrested on Tuesday June 4 2013 following the recovery of tubs containing heroin and money outside an address on Highfield Road, Barrow.
Covert officers from the South Cumbria Drugs Squad conducted observations until Finley approached the area where the containers were recovered.
The officers swooped and arrested Finley on suspicion of the supply of Class A drugs and subsequently charged him.
The heroin that was recovered has a street value of over £3,000 and the tubs also contained over £1,300 in cash.
Detective Sergeant Scott Elgey said: “Finley is someone that is well known to us for being involved with the supply of Class A drugs and we are pleased with the sentence passed in court today.
“It sends out the message that anyone who thinks that getting involved in drugs or serious crime can pay should think again. We will target you and bring you to justice. Anyone with information on the supply of drugs is asked to contact Police on 101.”
First published at 15:59, Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together