Barrow man sentenced after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex
Last updated at 08:54, Friday, 24 January 2014
Barrow man escapes jail after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex-girlfriend in just five days.
Jordan Riglar faced charges of harassment at Furness Magistrates Court today after admitting the offence at an earlier hearing.
The 23-year-old, of Vernon Street, Barrow, sent his ex-partner – and the mother of his baby – over 1000 texts and Whatsapp messages between January 1 and January 5.
The magistrates gave a six week sentence suspended for 12 months.
Riglar was given a restraining order, preventing him from making contact with his ex-partner or showing up at her home.
He was also ordered to pay £300 in compensation, £85 in legal costs and a £85 victim surcharge.
- See full story in today's Evening Mail
First published at 09:41, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- POLICE confirm body found is missing Barrow man (14 comments)
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Barrow art lover Stephanie now removes body etchings
- Woolworths evacuated
- Luis Suarez's handshake refusal was disgraceful, so was Kenny Dalglish's reaction (8 comments)
- Full steam to the Lakes
- Obituary - Arthur Allison, of High Ireby
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Gluten-free challenge - day five
- A bright cold day in April, the clocks were striking 13... (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|