Barrow man punched window
Published at 11:08, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A JILTED lover who threw a punch at a wall – only to smash his fist into a window pane –has been ordered to pay for a replacement.
Zak Collie lashed out after his girlfriend ended their relationship, Furness Magistrates’ Court heard yesterday.
The 20-year-old, of Egerton Court, Barrow had returned to her flat to pick up some of his belongings on March 6, following the break-up. At that point there was an argument.
Mr John Appleby, prosecuting, told the court Collie was being shown out when he turned to punch the wall as he left. Instead, he missed and hit a double-glazed window pane.
Miss Karen Templeton, defending, said the defendant was “understandably upset” at the time of the incident. He was ordered to pay £120 compensation.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|