Barrow man pleads guilty to spate of burglaries
Published at 16:19, Monday, 17 February 2014
A THIEF was remanded in custody after admitting to a series of burglary and motoring offences.
A BARROW thief was remanded in custody after admitting to a series of burglary and motoring offences.
Jamie Hoare, 23, of Ferry Road pleaded guilty to four burglaries, aggravated vehicle taking, driving while disqualified, driving without insurance and drink driving when he appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
He also asked for two additional offences of burglary to be taken into account.
The court heard that Hoare had burgled three Barrow Island homes on Wednesday February 12 and taken items including car keys, cash and cigarettes.
He was also charged with taking a Vauxhall Agila on the same day and driving it while over the legal limit of alcohol, while disqualified from driving and without insurance.
Mrs Vicky Atkinson, prosecuting, said Hoare later admitted to three additional burglaries from Barrow homes when he was interviewed by police.
Ms Maureen Fawcett, defending, said: “He has helped the police significantly over the last few days. He has co-operated fully and given full accounts.”
Hoare will appear for sentencing at Preston Crown Court February 28.
Mrs Sue Leitch, the presiding magistrate, said Hoare would be remanded in custody due to the nature of the offences.
Detective Sergeant John Dilks said: “We would like to thank the public for their assistance with this matter. We also would like to take this opportunity to remind house-holders to keep their properties locked and secure.”
Hoare’s last court appearance was in 2011 when he was sentenced to youth custody for taking a double-decker bus from the Stagecoach depot in Walney Road and crashing it into a roundabout.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|