Barrow man on assault charge
Last updated at 16:44, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
A TRIAL date has been set for a Barrow man accused of assaulting a police officer.
Karl Simon Craig appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 27-year-old, of Keppel Street, denies assaulting PC Matthew Noden in the execution of his duty in Barrow on January 23.
He was granted unconditional bail and will stand trial on March 26.
However Craig admitted failing to comply with the directions of an officer to leave Walney Road on the same date, and not return for eight hours, the officer believing that him staying there was likely to result in alcohol-related crime or disorder.
First published at 16:28, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Barrow skills event aims to inspire better career choices
- Cumbrian recruitment firm on national award shortlist
- Time running out for Cumbrian firms to get a business boost
- Defence boom will create thousands of BAE Systems jobs in Barrow
- Benefits of BAE Systems Barrow shipyard expansion spread far and wide
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (25 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (19 comments)
- Former school buildings in Barrow to go up for auction (18 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (13 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|