Barrow man on assault charge
Last updated at 16:44, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
A TRIAL date has been set for a Barrow man accused of assaulting a police officer.
Karl Simon Craig appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 27-year-old, of Keppel Street, denies assaulting PC Matthew Noden in the execution of his duty in Barrow on January 23.
He was granted unconditional bail and will stand trial on March 26.
However Craig admitted failing to comply with the directions of an officer to leave Walney Road on the same date, and not return for eight hours, the officer believing that him staying there was likely to result in alcohol-related crime or disorder.
First published at 16:28, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|