Barrow man made threats to ‘knock PC’s head off’
Last updated at 15:27, Friday, 05 September 2014
A DRUNKEN Barrow man verbally abused a police officer and raised his fists in a boxing stance, a court was told.
Peter Bell, 40, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly in public on August 18 at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The court was told that Bell got into an altercation with an officer in Risedale Road at 6.15pm, during which he threatened to knock the officer’s head off.
Bell, who was not represented in court, said: “I’m sorry. I had a big argument with my family.”
Bell was given a conditional order of discharge for 12 months, ordered to pay court costs of £50 and a £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 13:35, Friday, 05 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|