Barrow man in court charged with carrying out three burglaries
Last updated at 16:50, Friday, 14 February 2014
A MAN has appeared in court today charged with carrying out three burglaries on Barrow Island.
Jamie Hoare, aged 23, of Ferry Road, Barrow, appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court charged with burglaries and motoring offences.
He was charged by police in relation to burglaries that occurred on Barrow Island during the early hours of Wednesday February 12.
During the three burglaries, a car was stolen along with money, a wallet and keys.
He was charged with three counts of burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance, driving whilst disqualified, and driving a motor vehicle when above alcohol level.
Hoare has not entered a plea and was remanded in custody for three days.
Detective Sergeant John Dilks said: “We would like to thank the public for their assistance with this matter.
“We also would like to take this opportunity to remind house-holders to keep their properties locked and secure.”
First published at 16:46, Friday, 14 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
i am glad he has peladed guilty i hope he goes to jail for a long time , i am the mother and nanna of the woman who he robed , they were in bed asleep and he walked in and stole my 4 year old grandsons birthday money , poor thing wanted to spend that money on a skate board and now he cant because the scumbag had stolen it , he has made me very angry , and my daughter and grandkids are scared now ....
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid