Barrow man in court charged with carrying out three burglaries
Last updated at 16:50, Friday, 14 February 2014
A MAN has appeared in court today charged with carrying out three burglaries on Barrow Island.
Jamie Hoare, aged 23, of Ferry Road, Barrow, appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court charged with burglaries and motoring offences.
He was charged by police in relation to burglaries that occurred on Barrow Island during the early hours of Wednesday February 12.
During the three burglaries, a car was stolen along with money, a wallet and keys.
He was charged with three counts of burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance, driving whilst disqualified, and driving a motor vehicle when above alcohol level.
Hoare has not entered a plea and was remanded in custody for three days.
Detective Sergeant John Dilks said: “We would like to thank the public for their assistance with this matter.
“We also would like to take this opportunity to remind house-holders to keep their properties locked and secure.”
First published at 16:46, Friday, 14 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
i am glad he has peladed guilty i hope he goes to jail for a long time , i am the mother and nanna of the woman who he robed , they were in bed asleep and he walked in and stole my 4 year old grandsons birthday money , poor thing wanted to spend that money on a skate board and now he cant because the scumbag had stolen it , he has made me very angry , and my daughter and grandkids are scared now ....
Make your comment
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Isolation and a ‘hidden hungry’ are key issues
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength