Barrow man found guilty of having sex with 15-year-old girl
Last updated at 14:26, Friday, 09 May 2014
A BARROW man has been jailed after a jury found him guilty of one charge of knowingly having sex with a 15-year-old girl.
Kyle Hubbold, 25, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, was found guilty today of one charge of sexual activity with a minor and not guilty to a second charge.
It follows a three day trial at Barrow-in-Furness Crown Court in which the girl said Hubbold invited her round to his flat where they had sex in 2011.
Hubbold admitted that he had had sex with the girl on one occasion but claimed she had told him she was 17. The girl said she told Hubbold her age was 15 the first time they met.
He was found not guilty of a second charge of having sexual activity with the same girl.
Judge Paul Batty QC sentenced Hubbold to three years in prison today and he was put on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
First published at 14:07, Friday, 09 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course