Barrow man fined for hoax call
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 February 2014
A BARROW man who made a hoax 999 call has been fined.
Stuart George Jamieson, of School Street, Barrow, pleaded guilty to sending the false message at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 32-year-old reported a fight at the Ram’s Head Hotel in Rawlinson Street, Barrow, at 12.55am on January 23.
Police caught and arrested him shortly afterwards.
He was ordered to pay a £100 fine, £85 in legal costs, and a £20 victim surcharge.
He said: “I’m sorry for being a nuisance.”
First published at 12:37, Friday, 07 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|