Barrow man fined for hoax call
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 February 2014
A BARROW man who made a hoax 999 call has been fined.
Stuart George Jamieson, of School Street, Barrow, pleaded guilty to sending the false message at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 32-year-old reported a fight at the Ram’s Head Hotel in Rawlinson Street, Barrow, at 12.55am on January 23.
Police caught and arrested him shortly afterwards.
He was ordered to pay a £100 fine, £85 in legal costs, and a £20 victim surcharge.
He said: “I’m sorry for being a nuisance.”
First published at 12:37, Friday, 07 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|