Barrow man exposed himself from flat window
Last updated at 16:43, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A MAN has been put on the Sex Offenders’ Register after a court heard he ‘accidentally’ exposed himself to a woman he thought was his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Kevin White, 37, described himself as a “naked beach strutter” and a “naturist” after he was arrested following the incident on November 30.
Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that White had been seen by three women standing naked at the window of a flat in Greenhill Close, Barrow, engaged in what appeared to be a sex act.
One of the women was a mother walking back home after dropping her child off at the nearby Ormsgill Primary School.
White was arrested and initially denied exposing himself, saying he had got out of the shower naked and received a phone call before walking to the window to try and get better reception.
However, Miss Judith Knott, prosecuting, said he later admitted the offence to police.
“He described himself as a ‘naked beach strutter’,” she said.
“He said he had exposed himself to what he thought was an ex-girlfriend. He said he thought the first woman was his ex-girlfriend.
“He said in the past he had exposed himself to his ex-girlfriend and she had come around for sex. He said he was a naturist.”
White, of Greenhill Close, admitted one charge of exposure.
District Judge Gerald Chalk gave White a three-year community order, with a requirement to attend a sexual offenders’ programme.
He was also made the subject of a five-year sexual offences prevention order, forbidding him from being naked in any part of his house where he could be seen by the public.
In addition, White was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years and pay court costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 16:39, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nudism is a fun, healthy, freeing and wholesome way for men and women to socialize and live without clothes. Nudism is a philosophy that values simplicity and increased harmony with nature. nudistsocialclub.c0m offers a friendly and confidential environment for nudists to look for friendships, relationships, and resources concerning the nudist lifestyle. They have members from all over the world who enjoy living naked, skinny dipping, and meeting others with this lifestyle.
Make your comment
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past