Barrow man exposed himself from flat window
Last updated at 16:43, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A MAN has been put on the Sex Offenders’ Register after a court heard he ‘accidentally’ exposed himself to a woman he thought was his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Kevin White, 37, described himself as a “naked beach strutter” and a “naturist” after he was arrested following the incident on November 30.
Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that White had been seen by three women standing naked at the window of a flat in Greenhill Close, Barrow, engaged in what appeared to be a sex act.
One of the women was a mother walking back home after dropping her child off at the nearby Ormsgill Primary School.
White was arrested and initially denied exposing himself, saying he had got out of the shower naked and received a phone call before walking to the window to try and get better reception.
However, Miss Judith Knott, prosecuting, said he later admitted the offence to police.
“He described himself as a ‘naked beach strutter’,” she said.
“He said he had exposed himself to what he thought was an ex-girlfriend. He said he thought the first woman was his ex-girlfriend.
“He said in the past he had exposed himself to his ex-girlfriend and she had come around for sex. He said he was a naturist.”
White, of Greenhill Close, admitted one charge of exposure.
District Judge Gerald Chalk gave White a three-year community order, with a requirement to attend a sexual offenders’ programme.
He was also made the subject of a five-year sexual offences prevention order, forbidding him from being naked in any part of his house where he could be seen by the public.
In addition, White was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years and pay court costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 16:39, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nudism is a fun, healthy, freeing and wholesome way for men and women to socialize and live without clothes. Nudism is a philosophy that values simplicity and increased harmony with nature. nudistsocialclub.c0m offers a friendly and confidential environment for nudists to look for friendships, relationships, and resources concerning the nudist lifestyle. They have members from all over the world who enjoy living naked, skinny dipping, and meeting others with this lifestyle.
Make your comment
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (22 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (10 comments)
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton