Barrow man exposed himself from flat window
Last updated at 16:43, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A MAN has been put on the Sex Offenders’ Register after a court heard he ‘accidentally’ exposed himself to a woman he thought was his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Kevin White, 37, described himself as a “naked beach strutter” and a “naturist” after he was arrested following the incident on November 30.
Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that White had been seen by three women standing naked at the window of a flat in Greenhill Close, Barrow, engaged in what appeared to be a sex act.
One of the women was a mother walking back home after dropping her child off at the nearby Ormsgill Primary School.
White was arrested and initially denied exposing himself, saying he had got out of the shower naked and received a phone call before walking to the window to try and get better reception.
However, Miss Judith Knott, prosecuting, said he later admitted the offence to police.
“He described himself as a ‘naked beach strutter’,” she said.
“He said he had exposed himself to what he thought was an ex-girlfriend. He said he thought the first woman was his ex-girlfriend.
“He said in the past he had exposed himself to his ex-girlfriend and she had come around for sex. He said he was a naturist.”
White, of Greenhill Close, admitted one charge of exposure.
District Judge Gerald Chalk gave White a three-year community order, with a requirement to attend a sexual offenders’ programme.
He was also made the subject of a five-year sexual offences prevention order, forbidding him from being naked in any part of his house where he could be seen by the public.
In addition, White was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years and pay court costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 16:39, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nudism is a fun, healthy, freeing and wholesome way for men and women to socialize and live without clothes. Nudism is a philosophy that values simplicity and increased harmony with nature. nudistsocialclub.c0m offers a friendly and confidential environment for nudists to look for friendships, relationships, and resources concerning the nudist lifestyle. They have members from all over the world who enjoy living naked, skinny dipping, and meeting others with this lifestyle.
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders