Barrow man exposed himself from flat window
Last updated at 16:43, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A MAN has been put on the Sex Offenders’ Register after a court heard he ‘accidentally’ exposed himself to a woman he thought was his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Kevin White, 37, described himself as a “naked beach strutter” and a “naturist” after he was arrested following the incident on November 30.
Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that White had been seen by three women standing naked at the window of a flat in Greenhill Close, Barrow, engaged in what appeared to be a sex act.
One of the women was a mother walking back home after dropping her child off at the nearby Ormsgill Primary School.
White was arrested and initially denied exposing himself, saying he had got out of the shower naked and received a phone call before walking to the window to try and get better reception.
However, Miss Judith Knott, prosecuting, said he later admitted the offence to police.
“He described himself as a ‘naked beach strutter’,” she said.
“He said he had exposed himself to what he thought was an ex-girlfriend. He said he thought the first woman was his ex-girlfriend.
“He said in the past he had exposed himself to his ex-girlfriend and she had come around for sex. He said he was a naturist.”
White, of Greenhill Close, admitted one charge of exposure.
District Judge Gerald Chalk gave White a three-year community order, with a requirement to attend a sexual offenders’ programme.
He was also made the subject of a five-year sexual offences prevention order, forbidding him from being naked in any part of his house where he could be seen by the public.
In addition, White was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years and pay court costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 16:39, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nudism is a fun, healthy, freeing and wholesome way for men and women to socialize and live without clothes. Nudism is a philosophy that values simplicity and increased harmony with nature. nudistsocialclub.c0m offers a friendly and confidential environment for nudists to look for friendships, relationships, and resources concerning the nudist lifestyle. They have members from all over the world who enjoy living naked, skinny dipping, and meeting others with this lifestyle.
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory (6 comments)
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend (1 comment)
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid