Barrow man exposed himself from flat window
Last updated at 16:43, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A MAN has been put on the Sex Offenders’ Register after a court heard he ‘accidentally’ exposed himself to a woman he thought was his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Kevin White, 37, described himself as a “naked beach strutter” and a “naturist” after he was arrested following the incident on November 30.
Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that White had been seen by three women standing naked at the window of a flat in Greenhill Close, Barrow, engaged in what appeared to be a sex act.
One of the women was a mother walking back home after dropping her child off at the nearby Ormsgill Primary School.
White was arrested and initially denied exposing himself, saying he had got out of the shower naked and received a phone call before walking to the window to try and get better reception.
However, Miss Judith Knott, prosecuting, said he later admitted the offence to police.
“He described himself as a ‘naked beach strutter’,” she said.
“He said he had exposed himself to what he thought was an ex-girlfriend. He said he thought the first woman was his ex-girlfriend.
“He said in the past he had exposed himself to his ex-girlfriend and she had come around for sex. He said he was a naturist.”
White, of Greenhill Close, admitted one charge of exposure.
District Judge Gerald Chalk gave White a three-year community order, with a requirement to attend a sexual offenders’ programme.
He was also made the subject of a five-year sexual offences prevention order, forbidding him from being naked in any part of his house where he could be seen by the public.
In addition, White was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years and pay court costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 16:39, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nudism is a fun, healthy, freeing and wholesome way for men and women to socialize and live without clothes. Nudism is a philosophy that values simplicity and increased harmony with nature. nudistsocialclub.c0m offers a friendly and confidential environment for nudists to look for friendships, relationships, and resources concerning the nudist lifestyle. They have members from all over the world who enjoy living naked, skinny dipping, and meeting others with this lifestyle.
Make your comment
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- M6 lane reopens after multi-vehicle accident
- Girl airlifted to hospital after horse fall in Cumbria
- Lindale mum's hope after 'hellish nightmare' experience of Windermere sailor's death
- Haverigg cellmates on ‘Chicken Wing’ hatch cracking business plan
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria ‘Cinderella’ star wows Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Effort to unite woman with camera found in Windermere goes viral
- Much-loved Barrow family man turned into firework
- Mystery menace sends men to Barrow grandma’s house for sex
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music