Hit and run Barrow milkman left cyclist for dead after early morning smash - court told
Last updated at 16:28, Thursday, 10 April 2014
A HIT and run milkman left a cyclist for dead after an early morning smash in Barrow a court has heard.
David Reid, 70, is on trial at Preston Crown Court charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving to Paul Reynolds on February 27 last year.
Reid, of Abbotsmead Approach, Barrow, is alleged to have knocked Mr Reynolds, a 36-year-old submariner, stationed in Barrow, off his bike before getting out of his milk van and saying "I think he's dead" before continuing on the milk round for 15 mins.
A passing motorist discovered Mr Reynolds, who was left in a coma for several months and remains in Merseyside care home with serious brain injuries and requires round the clock care.
The trial continues.
First published at 09:57, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (2 comments)
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|