Barrow man died from industrial disease - inquest
Last updated at 09:05, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
INDUSTRIAL disease claimed the life of a former shipyard worker, an inquest heard yesterday.
Anthony Clarke, 66, of West Row, Barrow, died on April 18.
A post mortem found the cause of death was malignant mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure. He had also been found to have pleural plaques, thickenings of the lung lining which are strongly linked to someone having been exposed to asbestos.
Mr Clarke had worked at Vickers-Armstrong, the steelworks and other places, his wife explained.
South and East Cumbria coroner, Mr Ian Smith, recorded a verdict of death by industrial disease.
First published at 09:04, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|