Barrow man caught drink driving after clubbing
Last updated at 12:56, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
A BARROW man has been banned from driving after being found drunk at the wheel.
Robert Daniel Atkinson, of Portsmouth Street, Walney, pleaded guilty to drink driving in Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Atkinson, 25, was seen leaving Club M, in Cornwallis Street, Barrow, on February 22.
When he was breathalysed he was found with 54mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, the legal limit is 35mg. Atkinson was banned from driving for 17 months, fined £350, and ordered to pay a £35 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
First published at 12:54, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Ban not long enough.
Fine not big enough.
Drink Drivers should go to prison.
As usual punishments to soft.
Make your comment
- Dalton dad delighted with NHS review role
- Report into Furness mental health team finds high standards - but problems with medical records
- Dalton teen who punched pregnant partner in stomach is sentenced
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Competitors in fine voice for final day of Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Ulverston gala event fitting end to week of Cumbria music competition
- Updated: Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final