Barrow man broke down door to attack girlfriend
Last updated at 10:22, Friday, 07 March 2014
A BARROW man broke down a door with a fire-extinguisher in a drunken rage before attacking his girlfriend.
Steven Walker, 25, of Back Ferry Road, Barrow, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and assault at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The incident occurred on January 15 after Walker, who has Asperger syndrome, his girlfriend and another man had been out drinking around Dalton and Barrow.
The court heard he “flipped” after a row in the pair’s flat.
The victim had locked herself in a bedroom before Walker broke through and punched her.
Sentencing has been adjourned until March 13.
First published at 10:18, Friday, 07 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|