Barrow man broke down door to attack girlfriend
Last updated at 10:22, Friday, 07 March 2014
A BARROW man broke down a door with a fire-extinguisher in a drunken rage before attacking his girlfriend.
Steven Walker, 25, of Back Ferry Road, Barrow, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and assault at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The incident occurred on January 15 after Walker, who has Asperger syndrome, his girlfriend and another man had been out drinking around Dalton and Barrow.
The court heard he “flipped” after a row in the pair’s flat.
The victim had locked herself in a bedroom before Walker broke through and punched her.
Sentencing has been adjourned until March 13.
First published at 10:18, Friday, 07 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|