Barrow man attacked in morning raid
Last updated at 11:33, Saturday, 28 June 2014
A BARROW man was attacked in bed during a morning raid on his flat.
Police said the man was in bed in his flat in Broad Close, Barrow, at around 7.15am when a group of men burst in and assaulted him.
The group hit him in the face, busting his nose and leaving him with facial injuries and made off with money and his mobile phone.
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious, or with any information, is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:28, Saturday, 28 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In the U.S. that is called a home invasion not a raid. Incidents like this are the reason for my shotgun being within arms reach when home.
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength