Barrow man attacked in morning raid
Last updated at 11:33, Saturday, 28 June 2014
A BARROW man was attacked in bed during a morning raid on his flat.
Police said the man was in bed in his flat in Broad Close, Barrow, at around 7.15am when a group of men burst in and assaulted him.
The group hit him in the face, busting his nose and leaving him with facial injuries and made off with money and his mobile phone.
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious, or with any information, is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:28, Saturday, 28 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In the U.S. that is called a home invasion not a raid. Incidents like this are the reason for my shotgun being within arms reach when home.
Make your comment
- Update 7.30am: Three males in Cumbria Police custody after BMW car flipped on to its roof
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (5 comments)
- Barrow AFC to go full-time
- Haney set for Barrow Raiders return
- Askam fall to Blackbrook defeat: with picture gallery
- Millom keep up winning run
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC (2 comments)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers