Barrow man arrested after assault on plain clothed police officer
Last updated at 11:35, Sunday, 27 April 2014
A MAN is in police custody after an assault took place in Barrow town centre against a plain clothed police officer last night.
A 38-year-old male, from Barrow, was arrested on suspicion of assault in the early hours of this morning, following reports of a man opening a car door and assaulting a plain clothed police officer who was sat inside.
The incident happened close to the junction between Lumley Street and Rawlinson Street at 2.15am.
Police say the man is helping them with their enquiries.
First published at 10:23, Sunday, 27 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|