Barrow man admits six burglaries and motoring offences
Last updated at 11:36, Sunday, 16 February 2014
A BARROW man has appeared in court charged with a series of burglary and motoring offences.
Jamie Hoare, 23, of Ferry Road, pleaded guilty to four burglaries, aggravated vehicle taking, driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance and drink driving when he appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court on Saturday morning.
He also asked for two additional offences of burglary to be taken into account.
The court heard that Hoare had burgled three Barrow Island homes on Wednesday February 12 and taken items including car keys, cash and cigarettes.
He was also charged with taking a Vauxhall Agila on the same day and driving it while over the legal limit for alcohol, whilst disqualified from driving and without insurance.
Mrs Vicky Atkinson, prosecuting, said Hoare later admitted to three additional burglaries from Barrow homes when he was interviewed by police.
Ms Maureen Fawcett, defending, said: “He has helped the police significantly over the last few days.
“He has cooperated fully with officers and given full accounts.”
Hoare will appear for sentencing at Preston Crown Court on Febraury 28.
Mrs Sue Leitch, the presiding magistrate, said Hoare would be remanded in custody until then due to the nature of the offences.
First published at 11:15, Saturday, 15 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Far-flung Cumbrians will post votes
- Ulverston students get to have voice
- Organisers of ‘The Fred’ hoping to break £1m barrier
- Golden Graham looking for a repeat of last year
- Barrow children to tackle litter problem at playing field
- Barrow students tidy nature reserve to help earn environmental award
- New Barrow recruits join beach litter battle
- New A590 signs branded a waste of money (9 comments)
- Date set in child sex offence sentencing for former Barrow man
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns
- Lacey keen to taste Conference life with Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Bank holiday no excuse not to vote
- How to keep happy and hopeful at 90
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
Visit our websites for...
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|