Barrow man admits six burglaries and motoring offences
Last updated at 11:36, Sunday, 16 February 2014
A BARROW man has appeared in court charged with a series of burglary and motoring offences.
Jamie Hoare, 23, of Ferry Road, pleaded guilty to four burglaries, aggravated vehicle taking, driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance and drink driving when he appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court on Saturday morning.
He also asked for two additional offences of burglary to be taken into account.
The court heard that Hoare had burgled three Barrow Island homes on Wednesday February 12 and taken items including car keys, cash and cigarettes.
He was also charged with taking a Vauxhall Agila on the same day and driving it while over the legal limit for alcohol, whilst disqualified from driving and without insurance.
Mrs Vicky Atkinson, prosecuting, said Hoare later admitted to three additional burglaries from Barrow homes when he was interviewed by police.
Ms Maureen Fawcett, defending, said: “He has helped the police significantly over the last few days.
“He has cooperated fully with officers and given full accounts.”
Hoare will appear for sentencing at Preston Crown Court on Febraury 28.
Mrs Sue Leitch, the presiding magistrate, said Hoare would be remanded in custody until then due to the nature of the offences.
First published at 11:15, Saturday, 15 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|