Barrow Library to close for revamp
Last updated at 11:17, Tuesday, 18 February 2014
BARROW Library is to close for ten days later this month for refurbishment.
The library will be closed on Sunday 23 February and reopen - fully fitted - on Wednesday 5 March.
The work is part of Cumbria County Council’s plan to improve the county’s libraries.
The library, which first opened in 1922, was closed for four days in late January and is operating a temporary part-time service from the neighbouring children's library with access from Duke Street rather than Ramsden Square.
The temporary service houses a limited selection of books and media, public computers, and photocopier, as well as an enquiry service for the library and bus pass applications.
First published at 11:15, Tuesday, 18 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Looking forward to it! We may not be able to match those at Liverpool or Birmingham but Barrow needs a super modern library.
Make your comment
- Barrow pensioner charged with possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children
- SLIDESHOW: Barrow photographers snap up awards for artistry
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- Stars of car and property shows among South Cumbria village's scarecrow festival highlights
- Tributes as Barrow born actress dies after collapse backstage
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- Little for Cumbria in Queen’s Speech - MPs
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Cup final heartache for Barrow Celtic
- Furness Future Flyers put the pedal down: with picture gallery
- Furness youngsters in national table tennis finals: with picture gallery
- Furness school athletes on track to success: with picture gallery
- Golfers tee up for £10k prize at Barrow
- Maiden win for Walney bowlers
- Hooray - Henry shines again in Cartmel rain: with picture gallery
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role