Barrow inshore lifeboat crew locate woman reported as missing
Last updated at 17:56, Monday, 16 June 2014
THE Barrow Inshore Lifeboat found a woman who was reported as missing.
The volunteer crew from the RNLI’s Barrow station today launched their inshore
lifeboat ‘Vision of Tamworth’ to search for a woman reported missing in the Aldingham area of Morecambe Bay
The launch request came from Liverpool Coastguard at 2.54pm following information from Cumbria Police to the effect that a woman had gone missing in the Aldingham area
Teams from Furness Coastguard and Ulverston Inshore Rescue were also alerted and joined in the co-ordinated search of the waterline.
At 3-30pm the lifeboat crew located the woman on the beach near to Moat Farm, a mile west of Aldingham.
She was escorted off the beach and left in the care of the local Coastguard team.
First published at 17:55, Monday, 16 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|