Barrow inshore lifeboat crew locate woman reported as missing
Last updated at 17:56, Monday, 16 June 2014
THE Barrow Inshore Lifeboat found a woman who was reported as missing.
The volunteer crew from the RNLI’s Barrow station today launched their inshore
lifeboat ‘Vision of Tamworth’ to search for a woman reported missing in the Aldingham area of Morecambe Bay
The launch request came from Liverpool Coastguard at 2.54pm following information from Cumbria Police to the effect that a woman had gone missing in the Aldingham area
Teams from Furness Coastguard and Ulverston Inshore Rescue were also alerted and joined in the co-ordinated search of the waterline.
At 3-30pm the lifeboat crew located the woman on the beach near to Moat Farm, a mile west of Aldingham.
She was escorted off the beach and left in the care of the local Coastguard team.
First published at 17:55, Monday, 16 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Cumbrian police officer killed in road collision (2 comments)
- Secret death of baby girl - father questioned
- Ex-GB star returns to Haven ranks
- I sat at someone’s door to get a job
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- Event to serve up treat to businesses
- Boys hold charity walk in memory of Rylan
- Furness gymnasts spring into action - picture special
- Beach picnic is too much fun
- South Lakes rescue team hopes for radio mast at windfarm
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|