Barrow infant school pupils lead their own carnival
Published at 16:57, Friday, 04 July 2014
PRIMARY school pupils took to the streets with a history-themed carnival parade.
Brisbane Park Infant School pupils led the way along with the Barrow mayor, Councillor Marie Derbyshire, and mayoress Lorraine Biggins, the “Family Learning” parents group and the Submariners Association members.
The carnival started at the Barrow school, then went up Blake Street, on to Hartington Street, down Chatsworth Street, along Bath Street and finished at the all-weather pitch by the school.
Year one pupils dressed up in First World War outfits along with their handmade spitfires, submarines and tanks, made out of cardboard boxes.
Year two pupils had a Victorian and Mary Poppins theme with the headteacher, Pat Burton, joining them dressed as a penguin.
The reception pupils dressed in a “swinging sixties” theme and the nursery children celebrated the 40th anniversary of the nursery opening.
Cheryl Hagan, a Year one teacher said: “Some of the children prefer the arts side of school and the carnival gives them the opportunity to shine. They really enjoy it.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|