Barrow hotel nearing the end of refurbishment project
Last updated at 12:20, Thursday, 24 April 2014
A MULTI-MILLION pound refurbishment project is nearing completion at a historic Cumbria hotel.
Work is drawing to a close on the Abbey House Hotel with support from NatWest.
Many of the bedrooms at the Abbey House Hotel have been totally refurbished with new, contemporary furnishings.
The hotel’s Great Hall has also been transformed into a venue for weddings and other functions, and the hotel’s main restaurant, Oscar’s, has been revamped to be given a new more "informal contemporary feel".
Behind the scenes the kitchens have been modernised and a number of technological improvements incorporated. The works are set to be finished later this spring.
The Abbey House Hotel is owned by the Thornsett Vale group.
Group finance director Neil Hopkins-Coman said: “The Abbey House Hotel is a beautiful historic hotel that needed some updating. We are a very popular wedding venue, especially during the summer months and our aim is to make the hotel a four-star establishment following completion of the works."
After working with another bank for a number of years, Mr Hopkins-Coman decided it was time to explore alternative banking options. He was introduced to relationship manager Jon Halliday of NatWest and made the decision to start work together.
My Hopkins-Coman said: “Jon and his team have been extremely professional and helpful to deal with. It’s been refreshing to work with a bank manager like Jon who has been very knowledgeable.”
Mr Halliday said: “The Abbey House Hotel is a great business in a beautiful part of the world. I was delighted to support the Thornsett Vale group on this latest project and wish them every success for the future.”
First published at 10:57, Thursday, 24 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|