Barrow hotel nearing the end of refurbishment project
Last updated at 12:20, Thursday, 24 April 2014
A MULTI-MILLION pound refurbishment project is nearing completion at a historic Cumbria hotel.
Work is drawing to a close on the Abbey House Hotel with support from NatWest.
Many of the bedrooms at the Abbey House Hotel have been totally refurbished with new, contemporary furnishings.
The hotel’s Great Hall has also been transformed into a venue for weddings and other functions, and the hotel’s main restaurant, Oscar’s, has been revamped to be given a new more "informal contemporary feel".
Behind the scenes the kitchens have been modernised and a number of technological improvements incorporated. The works are set to be finished later this spring.
The Abbey House Hotel is owned by the Thornsett Vale group.
Group finance director Neil Hopkins-Coman said: “The Abbey House Hotel is a beautiful historic hotel that needed some updating. We are a very popular wedding venue, especially during the summer months and our aim is to make the hotel a four-star establishment following completion of the works."
After working with another bank for a number of years, Mr Hopkins-Coman decided it was time to explore alternative banking options. He was introduced to relationship manager Jon Halliday of NatWest and made the decision to start work together.
My Hopkins-Coman said: “Jon and his team have been extremely professional and helpful to deal with. It’s been refreshing to work with a bank manager like Jon who has been very knowledgeable.”
Mr Halliday said: “The Abbey House Hotel is a great business in a beautiful part of the world. I was delighted to support the Thornsett Vale group on this latest project and wish them every success for the future.”
First published at 10:57, Thursday, 24 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|