Barrow homes lose water supply
Last updated at 08:51, Tuesday, 25 February 2014
A NUMBER of Barrow homes were without water for a period.
A United Utilities spokeswoman said the water company received around 15 calls just before 11am on Monday February 24 from people saying they had lost water supply.
She said there was a burst pipe in Cambridge Street.
The spokeswoman apologised for the inconvenience caused and said: "Engineers went to the site and isolated the section which had the burst and were able to restore everybody’s water by 12.20pm."
She said water was restored to all homes by 3pm.
First published at 15:21, Monday, 24 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|